Massage used to be something you could only get at expensive spas or health clubs. Though this therapy isn’t how you used to know it, it is easy to get and is a critical way to improve physical and mental health.
Today, we’re talking about more than just that factor. Earth Remedies is here to guide you through the benefits of a massage. So, if you’re thinking of getting one, this blog might help! Check out more about massage here in this post.
You massage yourself when you press, rub, and move your skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Massage can be anything from a light touch to a firm squeeze. Most people think of it as part of integrative medicine.
Massage is used more and more as part of standard care for various medical conditions and situations. If you’ve never had a massage, keep reading to learn how it can help you.
People often think that massage is only part of a spa day and is meant to make you feel good. Even though this may be true for some people, most people use it to relieve stress and pain. There are many different kinds of this treatment, some of which are:
- A Swedish Massage. This type of massage is gentle and uses long strokes, kneading, deep, circular movements, tapping, and vibration. It helps you feel calm and full of energy.
- Deep Massage. This massage technique uses slower, more forceful strokes to reach the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. It’s often used to help people who have hurt their muscles.
- Massage For Sports. This is like a Swedish massage, but it is designed to help people who play sports avoid or heal injuries.
- Trigger Point Massage. This massage focuses on areas where your muscle fibers are tight. This can happen when you get hurt or use your muscles too much.
Massage can help with the following conditions:
- Digestive disorders
- Postoperative care
- And many more
Most people think of massage as part of integrative medicine. It is increasingly used as standard care for various medical conditions and situations.
Some of the benefits of massage are:
- Getting less stressed and more relaxed
- Getting rid of pain, sore muscles, and tension
- Increasing blood flow, energy, and awareness
- slowing down the heart and lowering blood pressure
- Boosting the immune system
Some people like massage because it often makes them feel cared for, comfortable, and connected, even if it doesn’t help with a specific condition or disease.
Even though massage is good for you, it’s not meant to replace regular medical care. It’s always best to tell your doctor you’re going to try massage and stick to any standard treatment plans you have.
Another benefit that you may consider talking about is your mental health. Massage is also good for your mental health in many ways. Even people more interested in the physical benefits say that getting a massage makes them feel less stressed. Other cognitive advantages to gain are:
- Less stress and a better ability to relax.
- Better mood and less anxiety
- More energy
- Make people feel healthier
What To Expect
You don’t have to do anything special to get ready for a massage. Before a massage therapy session begins, your therapist should ask about any symptoms, your medical history, and what you hope to get out of the massage.
Your massage therapist should tell you what kind of massage they will give and what techniques will be used. In a typical massage therapy session, you take off your clothes or wear clothes that don’t fit too tightly. Only take off what you need to.
Most of the time, you lay on a table and put a sheet over your head. When you remove your clothes before the massage and put them back on afterward, your massage therapist will leave the room.
You can also get a massage while fully clothed and sitting in a chair. The session goes with your massage therapist should feel your body to find painful or tense spots and figure out how much pressure to put on them.
Your massage therapist may use oil or lotion to lessen the friction on your skin, depending on what you like. Tell your massage therapist if there is anything you might be allergic to.
Depending on the kind of massage, a session can last anywhere from 10 to 90 minutes. No matter which type you choose, you should feel calm and contented during and after the massage. And remember during your massage, breathe normally.
The best thing about this therapy is that you may play music or talk with your therapist while giving you a massage. Some people would find that relaxing, and some do not.
You can also ask for fewer pain points if a massage therapist applies too much pressure. Sometimes a muscle may have a tender spot that feels like a knot. While your massage therapist works it out, it’s likely to hurt. But if it breaks, you should say something.
Finding The Best Provider
Ask your doctor or another trusted person for advice. Most states require that massage therapists be licensed, registered, or certified.
Don’t be afraid to ask a massage therapist the questions like:
- Do you have a license, a certificate, or a registration?
- How did you learn, and what do you know?
- How often do you think I’ll need to go to massage therapy?
- How much does it cost, and does health insurance cover it?
At Earth Remedies, we ensure to give the best services for your therapy. We have different massages to offer, like CBD, Hot Stone, Prenatal, Lymphatic, Reflexology, and more! Contact us today to see full details of each spa massage.
Considering Your First Massage
Throw out the idea that massage is just a way to treat yourself or make yourself feel good. Massage, on the other hand, can be a powerful way for wellness therapy to take control of your health, whether you have a specific health problem or are just looking for another way to relax.
You can even learn how to give yourself a massage or a massage to someone else at home. Reach out and connect with us here at Earth Remedies for more details.